Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Grow Gray Gracefully?

The other day I was at the V-GG doctor. I was sitting on the table, half naked. My doctor's office only has what seems like napkins to cover yourself with. I feel like I am constantly readjusting the napkin so my dimply butt isn't smiling at the doctor when he walks in. I wonder if he trains his eye to look somewhere else? Cause, that door opens right up to a smiling, dimpling butt!! Anyway, I was finished reading the magazine I had in hand and threw it across the room and successfully landed it on the counter. I didn't feel like getting up to get another magazine just in case the doctor would walk in as I was standing up, AKWARD!!! Yes, I realize with this type of doctor all dignity is lost for a few moments, but please. I sat there for a good 45 minutes, waiting... So I started playing with my hair. As a result, I began to notice several gray hairs. YIKES!!! I pulled each one out as I came upon it. I know, I know, I KNOW. For every one gray hair pulled, 7 come back. Okay, maybe it's just 2. As I sat plucking the reality of my aging self I asked myself this questin, " So, am I going to grow gray gracefully? Or am I going to fight the inevatable?" What do I do? I really don't like the gray hairs which are more like stark white and have a mind of their own!!! My first thought when I was younger was to just accept growing older, embrace it and do it gracefully. But now that I am standing at the precipice of graying hair, I'm having different thoughts.

Are you growing gray gracefully? Or are you fighting it?

6 comments:

Amy said...

I like to think that each new by-product of aging that I discover is a reminder of how wise I'm becoming.

Yah right.

I don't do anything gracefully so why add aging to the list?

And no one knows your gray is there so you hide it well!

Pike's Place said...

I'm fighting it -- although Jer swears he doesn't see them, I do, and it bugs me. So I get highlights, and it blends everything so well. However, I don't mind when others have gray strands (although I'm sure yours aren't noticeable, either). It's a personal thing to me, but more power to you if you want to grow gray gracefully. I wish I would be okay with it . . . it's a lot more expensive and a pain to maintain to keep up with the highlights.

Jessica said...

I am getting more grays too--insistent little buggers. I'm going to just accept them until it gets really geriatric looking.

Angie said...

I'm a fighter. I swear pulled about 5 out of the same follicle the other day! They wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so dang wiry!

Amidey said...

I think I will be fine with the gray hair thing once there is enough but my problem is when do I give up on covering the dishwater blond to let the grays show? I am more worried about wrinkles. Oh, and the whole sagging thing. Well, and then there's the whole mind loss thing, you know, retelling the same stories over and over. Forgetting everything. Ug, lets change the subject.

Sweet Caroline said...

The real issue is:

I FEEL BAD YOU HAD TO WAIT THERE FOR 45 MINUTES WITHOUT A MAGAZINE!!!!

As for an answer to your question:

Try Loreal. "Cause your worth it."