Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend













Beckham and his very best friend, Luke Williams



Beckham and his other really great friend, Logan Huhtala.



Amy Huhtala, Me and Kasa Williams


Kelli, Alleah, Me and Grace


Climbing is so much more fun then hiking.


All the kids


Alleah and Grace
Having a cousin your age is so sweet.


"Are you as cold as I am?", Grace asked.
"No, My Mom was smart and left my jacket on," replied Alleah.


The girls' half way up the falls.

Annika


Beckham


What a bunch of Monkies.


The first turn at Thanksgiving Point.
Breathtaking!!!


Me and my Mom



I loved that these Hollyhocks were taller then Hannah






The water lilies. They were so beautiful.






It was a very eventful 4th of July weekend for our family. We started out on Thursday with a trip to the Arts Festival with Grandma Penny. We got rained out.

Friday started early with the Balloon Launch. The Huhtalas, Williams, Aunt Kelli(it was her idea), Alleah, and Grandma Penny and Grandpa Rick joined us. We ate donuts, muffins, fruit and chocolate milk while the Balloons soared into the sky. The kids went nuts with all their friends there. Running, chasing, racing, takling, screaming, laughter, crying were all the sights and sounds coming from our small corner. Once they stared spilling over into other people and making them unwilling participants did we insist they stop.

After the Balloons we took the kids on a hike to Bridal Veil falls. It's a great trail, fully paved and stroller friendly. It's always such a task herding 11 children in and through other people. Kelli and Alleah joined us and I'm so glad they did. It was a busy morning with bikers, runners, walkers and a few roller bladers. A few of the kids nearly got creamed by some cyclist. There is a definate place on the trail for walkers and bikers and the kids had a hard time understanding the rules. The more we go, the more accustomed they will become. Hannah, Hannah H. and Haylee H hiked up the side of the falls and just about gave me heart failure. My Hannah did it in her bare feet. Crazy thing.

After the balloons we went our seperate ways. The kids and I went to Thanksgiving Point with my parents and spent several hours there jumping from the golf cart, to the trail, to playing spies, taking pictures, complaining, crying and just enjoying each other and the 55 acres of gorgeous landscaping. I visited a few places that I had never been before. I need to explore that place more closely.

Friday evening Brent and I, courtesy of his Boss, took the kids to a REAL Salt Lake soccer game. I spent more time people watching then watching the soccer game. We stayed to hear some Osmond sing and watch the fireworks. We didn't get home till late, and weren't in bed until midnight.

I had an early morning Saturday. I got up and dragged myself to the Freedom 5k. When I got home I took a 2 hour nap. I was bush wacked. We had a b-q at my parents house. Good food, and good company. Gaye and her family were there and so were my brothers. We didn't stay as long as we had planned. The girls and I got to go to the Stadium of Fire to see the Jonus Brothers. We had a great time!!! Brent and the boys hung out with some of the families in the neighborhood at the Martin's Cove of Chaos.

It was a very fun filled and exciting 4th of July. Maybe a little bit too much.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey I have that same hat! How funny! It looks like you had a fun packed holiday weekend. Congrats on the 5k that is awesome! You look great!

Jessica said...

Fun day! Great photos!

Melinda said...

Sorry I missed the reunion! I was really planning on being there. Sounds like a great 4th of July. We hit the balloon festival on Saturday. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I especially like your new topper picture. So cute. And yes, you look fabulous 15 years post high school. :)

Darcy said...

The picture of you and your mom is so cute. You look great. When do you want to go swimming? I would love to go with you.