Yesterday I was at wretched Walmart. As my children were getting into the suburban and while I was loading the groceries I noticed a woman with two children walking back to her car. I heard her raise her voice at them in frustration. I wondered to myself if that is how I sound when I get angry with my children. Then I heard here yell to her youngest, "I just lost my job!". I felt so badly for her. I just glanced over my shoulder when this woman caught my eye. So proceeds to yell at me," What are you staring at B*&%#? Mind your own business. You probably don't even have to F&*^ing work. You don't judge! God does." She just went OFF on me. My heart rate quickened, I could feel my face go flush and I just told myself, "just take a deep breath and don't look at her." When I got into the suburban Hannah asked me why she was yelling at me. I calmly replied, " She is having a really bad day and decided to take it out on me." A complete stranger. I am amazed that people can treat others in such a manner.
Although I was a little traumatized by being screamed at and swore at, I felt bad for this woman. I was quickly reminded how grateful I am for my own problems.
9 years ago
4 comments:
I can't believe that! I saw plenty of that when I lived in the hood- you'd always have to be really careful how you looked at people because some were just looking at an opportunity to pounce at you- but in suburban Utah? I don't get it. I bet she went home and felt really embarrassed. Or I guess I HOPE she did. Who knows.
I hate this story. You didn't deserve her wrath and neither did her children. I hope she finds a job soon so she can stop abusing her kids and innocent people around her.
I've been in similar situations, I don't understand people like that.. .I could never yell at a complete stranger no matter what my situation was. I'm sorry that happened to you but way to be the bigger person and turn your head instead of attacking back. I would of had to urge to come back with some smart-A remark but that wouldnt help the situation.
Wow...there is just way too much State Assistance, kick butt health insurance, easy food stamp access, to EVER be that mean. Just Sayin'!
I always told Ken that it is a heck of a lot easier to be dirt poor than it is to be middle class.
You handled it perfectly, girlfriend. Funny that you are the LEAST judgemental person out there. Joke's on her!
Post a Comment