Monday, August 30, 2010

A New Tradition: Schultuete

Say What? It's a German word and a tradition that comes from that country. On the first day of school the children come home to a cone shaped gift filled with school supplies and goodies. My sister sent me a link and I thought I'd give it a try. Mine didn't turn out as pretty. Maybe that's due to the fact that I literally threw them together 15 minutes before Jaren walked through the door. Note to self: give yourself time to do quality work!! It was still a ton of fun to put them together and see their faces when they walked through the door. I love that feeling of excited anticipation hoping that they love it as much as you loved putting it together!!

It's a fun new tradition that I will continue each year!!


The loot!!




I gathered scrapbook paper and tissue that I already had.
I think they turned out bright and fun!




Wouldn't you love to come home to that on your first day of school?




Ooooo, what's inside?




Complete Awesomeness!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! You did it! Were they happy with their little presents? Did they think they were fun?

Kelli said...

Way cool!

Five Frandsens said...

What a cute idea. I love it!!

Sara Liechty said...

What a great idea!

Sal-my-gal said...

That IS really cute! I wish I'd done something like that.