On the back road heading to Current Creek we got stuck in a cattle drive! We seriously could not maneuver our own steel beast. So we sat, and waited while these snotty, slobbering, mooing cows sauntered past. I'm such a city girl. It was thrilling to see real live cowboys doing what they do. We were amazed at how many cows there were, and the terrain in which they lived. Brent had fun pointing out all the Mama cows with their baby cows. Beckham piped up and exclaimed it was like a pattern.
See the cowboys?
The cows left behind a lovely prize for us too. Cow crap splattered all along our runner board.
Jaren with Patty, the camp care taker, claiming his prize!
Jaren is such a great kid! I love it when I can get him to laugh at my silliness and jokes. I remember when he was just a little guy being so proud of him pointing out different pictures in a book. I thought he was so smart. He still is. Not only is he smart, he is kind, a hard worker, does great in school and is a great leader. I'm proud of him. I hope I can continue to be the mother that he needs to find success in life. I hope I can find the courage to say no when needed, and to let go as well. In just a few months I will have my first teenager. Jaren will be turning 13. HOLY CRAP!!! I know it's going to have it's ups and downs. I hope to keep a happy attitude and love him more during the downs.
2 comments:
I love that you were caught in cattle! I would have enjoyed that soo much! I have a very tender place in my heart for that part of the state--it's the reason I met Jamie! Congrats to Jaren for catching the biggest fish and for being such an awesome almost teenager!
13? Holy MOLY!!!!
Love the picture of the cattle and the cowboys!
Post a Comment