Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ready... Set... Go!!!

Let the Traditions Begin!!

The season for Traditions has begun.  Our first tradition is carving pumpkins.  Kelli and I decided to start this tradition years ago when Isabel and Annika were still babies!  In the beginning it was quite the chore since I was the one to gut every pumpkin, and carve'm.  Now it's quite fun.  The kids didn't get to pick out their pumpkins this year.  I took that upon myself when I saw that they were just 9 cents a pound.  I'm not a patient person and I never want to miss out on anything. So, I had to get them right away.  Of course this caused much contention when the time came to pick out their pumpkins.  Jaren rebelled since he didn't get the BIGGEST one.  Hannah finally gave up the coveted pumpkin choosing instead two smaller ones.  Hey, why not?  Twice the fun.  Now that the kids are older I make them all gut their own pumpkins.  AWESOME!!  Of course I have to step in to get that last little bit of slime.  You know what I'm talking about?  That dark oozing stuff that just slips through your fingers.  You have to be pretty aggressive with a spoon to get that stuff out.  
 


Grace insisted on this little white pumpkin she got from Grandma Penny's garden.
Not sure what's cuter, the pumpkin or that face?



Let the gutting commence!



EEEEWWWWWW!!!  It's so slimy!!



Or So Cool!!!


Silliness always comes into play too!!!

More to come!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mom grew that white pumpkin? Awesome! What designs did the kids carve?