As I was posting all our goings on over the Christmas Holiday, I couldn't help but realize how everything we do is propelled by tradition. For a while there, I didn't think I'd have any traditions for my children. But it all starts with the Christmas quilt Dec. 1st, and continues with home made ornaments, progressive dinners, Edward's Christmas Party, Christmas Eve pajamas, Christmas Day biscuits and gravy and a little newer tradition of the kids spending the night at Grandma Penny's on New Year's Eve. There are many more mixed into the big ones. I am so grateful for traditions and the extra special feeling it gives to the Holiday Season. As hard as it is sometimes to juggle two extended families, it is so great to be able to spend these special times with them. Thanks to everyone who made this Holiday Season an extra special one!!!!
9 years ago
3 comments:
I love traditions and it sounds like you have some fun ones that you do with your family. I love hearing other people's traditions. The idea of them spending the night at Grandma's on New Years Eve sounds like a great one! By the way great picture of that tree. Is that in your yard?
Yes, that is the only tree we have in our yard. I took it when we had our first snow fall. It was too pretty not to take a picture.
Love traditions and I enjoy telling people about your Christmas quilt tradition. I wish we lived closer so we could participate in family traditions.
Post a Comment