
Yesterday President and Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away. It was a bit of a shock. I new it was coming, but like most of you, I had no idea that his health had gone down so quickly. I am so grateful to Pres. Hinckley. For his emphasis on Temples, Families and Mothers. I always felt so lifted up by his encouraging words on Motherhood. It made it easier for me to make it day to day. I am grateful for his endless energy and humor, and the many lives that he touched throughout the world. I will never forget the times I was able to be at General Conference or Women's session of Conference and experience him enter the building. An instant quiet and hush over that huge building was amazing. Sometimes people began to sing " We thank the oh God for a Prophet". That always brought me to tears. I loved how he would wave his cane in everyone's direction, as an acknowledgment. I know that he was a prophet of God and that his words came straight from Him. I will miss seeing him at General Conferences and hearing his inspired words.
2 comments:
What a nice tribute, Amberlyn. I'm glad you dedicated FHE to him.
Thanks for sharing. Denise did a post as well on this topic. I love that you guys can put into words what he meant to you.
Post a Comment