Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Traditions






Ever since Brent was a baby, his Grandma Hoffmann has been making him homemade ornaments. Ever since we have been married it's been one of the funniest parts of Christmas. Waiting for Grandma's package to come and to see what our ornaments are going to look like. When we started having kids, she started making ornaments for them as well. Then Donna continued the tradition. This year, I thought it would be nice for the kids to make ornaments to thank Grandma Hoffmann for all those years she made ones for us. It wasn't easy to sit back and let them paint those ornaments. But they did a great job. I recently heard from Grandma Hoffmann and she was very moved that we did this for her.
Thanks Grandma Hoffmann, for making Christmas that much more special and meaningful for our family. You started a wonderful tradition that we will always be grateful for!!!!!

1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

This sounds like a great tradition. I am sure the kids love painting their own ornaments.