9 years ago
Friday, July 18, 2008
The Hardest Thing
The hardest thing I find as being a Mother is Following Through. It is easy to ask the kids to do this or do that. It's the Following Through to make sure they've done it that makes Motherhood, for me, so hard. So many times I've asked my children to do their chores and trusting in them that they've done it. Come to find later on that day when I finally walk into the said room to find it in the same state. Children are children. They are going to fight, be noisy and yes even lazy. At least for my children this is the case. So it should be no surprise to me that I have to follow through with what I ask them to do. But it's so much easier to throw my hands up, sigh, and say to myself, "whatever, I'm just to tired for this right now." I usually end up doing the task myself. I just don't want to hear the whining and complaining that comes with the following through. But in the whole scheme of things what am I really teaching my children? By not following through I am not teaching them to be responsible or respectful. So now comes the part where I try to buoy myself up and be my own cheerleader and tell myself " This can be done." If I want my children to be responsible, respectful and hard working adults then I need to start Following Through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment