![]() |
| From Into The Woods |
Yes, Life is like a race. We run through this life sometimes with a lot of energy, sometimes it fizzles out and we have to go at a walking pace. Sometimes friends and family will join us along the way, encouraging and supporting. There are hills that come along the route that just seem like they will never end. Sometimes the hills make you feel like crying, and sometimes you do. But the hills always turn into down hills, and the tears stop. I would like to imagine that the Finish Line is Eternal Life. I had two completely different finish lines this month. During the Freedom Festival 5k, it was a lonely finish. No friends or family to catch me with open arms. There were hundreds of people there, and not one person to tell me what a good job I had done. When I ran the Speedy Spaniard 10k, there were friends and family who ran with me. There were friends who jumped in line and ran a short distance giving me the encouragement that I needed to keep going. And best of all, there was my family and some friends at the finish line to cheer me on. They were there with open arms to envelope me with their love and excitement.
I don't want to cross the finish line of life by myself. All the hills, and tears, and pain, and joy will all be for naught if my family is not there with me. Life is nothing without family to share it with. What a lonely place Eternal Life would be without my Husband and children.

4 comments:
Amen Sista!
Great analogy. I think it's great you are running around everywhere. You are awesome. Congrats on finishing each little race and milestone.
Congratulations! That's really great!
Mom figured out how to comment again! Yay! I'm so glad you had friends and family to support your 10k. I want to spend eternal life with you too--do you think there will be a Wegmans there large enough to take the millions of kids we'll on weekly lunch dates? Heaven.
Post a Comment