Monday, August 31, 2009

Clam Beach

Brent with his Grandparent's


I love candid shots like this.


Clam Beach



Playing in the sand.



Grandpa Dale and Grandma Edith
The reason for our Trip.
Congratulations to them on 60 years of Marriage!!



Brent



How cute is this photo,
My two boys helping out their baby sis.




Grace was petrified of the waves and frigid water.
I don't blame her.



Mike, first running from the waves.
Hilarious.
He picked up his pants like it was a skirt and ran for his life.



Then he Maned up, rolled up his pants and walked out
with Justin and Grandma.
(notice Mike holding Justin's hand)


No, Jaren, I haven't forgotten about you.


Sand EVERYWHERE!!!



Roasting Marshmellows.
According to Sean, there are two techniques.
Enlighten us, Sean.


Grace biting into her first s'more.



She was a little freaked out about the gooiness



Then the sun went down.
I love my husband.


Sean with his girl, Grace.


Jaren and Brent goofing off.


From Into The Woods
This is by far the best photo taken the entire trip.
(in my humble opinion)


Our last day in California was spent going to Church in Fortuna, hanging out at Grandma's house, and best of all, The Beach!! Alhtough it took us about an hour to figure out what beach to go to and ended up choosing the same beach that was first suggested. Madness, I tell you. The beach couldn't have been more perfect. The kids had an incredible time hiding and playing in the sand dunes, throwing the football, roasting marshmellows and assembling s-mores. The kids were a bit confused about the beaches here. They couldn't understand why we wouldn't let them play in the waves like they could at the beaches in San Diego. Well, there's a brutal undertoe and the tempature is about 20 degress cooler. They didn't care, they still got wet. Beckham's jeans were soaked all the way to his waste. He was stiff as a board from being so cold. Luckily we changed him back into his dry church pants.

I don't think I've had more fun roasting and assembling s-mores!!! Thanks Hoffmann gang for an amazing trip to Humbolt County. We miss you already and can't wait for our next trip!!!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

More phenomenal photos! I am stunned by this trip! The scenery is so gorgeous. I love beaches and mountains--something we don't have here, at least not this far south. Great photos of the kids and Brent an everyone! So glad the trip was magical and memorable.

The Hamblin's said...

It definately was a great time and THANK YOU for coming. We welcome your mext visit. Hopefully it won't be so many years inbetween.

Darcy said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Angie said...

Wow...that looks like SO much fun! I have always wanted to have a campfire on the beach. What a blast!

Arika A. said...

It was so good to see you this weekend! I'm glad you keep up your blog so well, I feel like i see you all the time because of it :) Great photos, I love the last one with Beckham and Grace, so stinking cute!

Ben and Teri said...

I love the pictures!! I think you are right that one of Beckham and Grace is absolutely adorable. You are such a good photographer and a wonderful Mom!