Monday, January 25, 2010

Holy Crap, a Temple in Payson!!

Brent came home from work and went to his usual spot, in front of the computer. As I was cutting vegetables he came back downstairs and simply said, " I guess they've announced a Temple to be built in Payson." My first reaction was, "What? Really?" My second reaction was, "That's not as exciting as if I were to hear it announced over the pulpit during General Conference." It wasn't until after those first impressions that I felt excitement. I have been praying and dreaming of a Temple in south Utah County for several years. It seemed unfair that just past the point of the mountain would be 3 Temples within an easy view of each other. I was determined to go to the Temple more often. I would like to think that my efforts helped in the Payson announcement. But that would be vain. I'm sure there are thousands of us who have put forth the same effort and have the same desire as myself. I can't believe a Temple is coming to Payson!!! What a blessing!!!

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

So exciting right? Maybe next we'll get one in the field down the street : )

Five Frandsens said...

I love the "Holy Crap" part of your title, so funny to me. I'm excited! I enjoyed watching the AF temple being built so it will be fun to take the kids to see the progress!