I love this photo for two reasons:
1. Grace leaning completely over to get all the goodness out of her "tea kettle"
So entertaining!!
2. Notice my Dad's hand behind Grace. This shows how cautious my Dad is around my children.
He's always afraid they're going to fall.
He has a quick intake of breath, and cat like reflects to catch any almost about to fall child.
His nerves are allows shot, I'm sure, by the time we leave.
He was the same way with me growing up.
I love how kids play. Their imagination is endless and vast. The world is so simple to a child. It's no wonder that we are to become more like a little child. Over Christmas break I captured Grace using her sippy-cup as a tea-kettle, and a poker chip as her cup. Earlier, she had watched her older sisters play with a tea set they won at bingo. I love how enthusiastic Grace is about this activity. Putting her full body into "pouring" out, and her endless urge to keep sharing. She was constantly saying "want more?" She shared with Grandpa over and over.His nerves are allows shot, I'm sure, by the time we leave.
He was the same way with me growing up.
It's no wonder that play is so important for children. They replicate the actions of real life. It allows them to learn how to share, lead, and follow. Children are only children once. I find, as a mother, that I allow my children to play more then work. There is a fine balance and my children do work. There is no other time in our lives where we are allowed just to play without any other responsibilities.
1 comment:
I marveled to see how intuitive play is for children--they are born ready to play! I love that about them and their imaginations...so extraordinary! Great photos of Grace's cuteness!
Post a Comment