Are you sure you want to do this?
It's all the way down to her waist!!
Are you sure you want to do this?
Are yor SURE you want to do this?
And with several fell swoops of the scissors...
It was gone!
Bye, bye long hair
Locks of love here we come!
After

It really is cute on Hannah
Hannah is short and spunky.
This fits her personality to a T!!!
Annika also getting a cut

Isabel's before.
Can you see why we didn't want to cut her's?
She has the thickest of all the girls' hair.
The short bangs.
I think they look cute.
Isabel was not content with them.
Bye, bye long hair
Locks of love here we come!
It really is cute on Hannah
Hannah is short and spunky.
This fits her personality to a T!!!
Isabel's before.
Can you see why we didn't want to cut her's?
She has the thickest of all the girls' hair.
I think they look cute.
Isabel was not content with them.
Over the long weekend the kids and I went to Grandma Penny's house. Hannah had been telling me for several months that she wanted to cut her hair for her birthday. And she wanted it short, like to her chin short. I was a little leary due to the fact that she's been growing it out for several years and her hair is so pretty. She asked if Grandma would cut her hair. I took a deep breath and asked her several times if this was really what she wanted to do. Every time she answered with a firm YES!!! So with much heaviness my Mom took the scissors, I put her hair in a pony tail, we made sure we got 12 inches to donate to locks of love, and that was it. It was gone in a few snips of the scissors. Hannah was thrilled, and I was worried due to the funkiness of the cut. My Mom did wonders not being a formerly trained hair stylist. As a result of watching their sister take such a transformation Annika too requested to get her hair cut short. And of course, Isabel too, wanted it short. But we put a stop to that. It was just too hard to cut all of Isabel's hair off. I knew she wanted to keep her long hair she was just so caught up in the excitement that Hannah was excuding for her new dew. Isabel settled for shorter bangs, she insisted she look different. After we got home she was pissed that her bangs were so short. She refused to go to school the next day complaining that everyone would stare at her and make fun of her. At the dinner table Brent asked her how her day went and she indeed told us that she caught people staring at her bangs. I told her that was all in her head. All three girls look marvelous in their new hair cuts!!
Thanks once again to my Mom and her many many talents.
The great thinga about hair, is that it grows. Hannah can grows her again if she wishes, and Isabel's bangs will be swooping to the side in no time!!
5 comments:
Cute! I am so glad that you guys decided to donate it to Locks of Love. That is cool. I can not believe how long her hair was. I knew it was long, but it wasn't until I saw the pictures that I realized how long it was. She looks adorable. Tell Isabel that her bangs look great. Tell her that it is the style right now and the she is just being trendy. And like you said, they will grow out fast and be swoopy.
I love the Locks of Love idea. I wonder if my girls would want to do that. And the haircut turned out great! Hannah is such a pretty girl, long or short.
Love the haircuts. So darn cute!
Cute, cute girls! And way cute hair cuts, too! McKenzie keeps asking me to cut her hair. Hers isn't long at all, but I'm still hesitating. But, like you said, hair will grow.
P.S. It's Sunday and I'm looking at my extremely messy kitchen as I write this. So, it's not just you that has a messy house on Sunday... just sayin'... :)
I still can't believe how much Hannah looks like you!
Post a Comment