Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taking Matters into His Own Hands

Last week Beckham was really into doing his own hair. Some days he went to school with some funky hair. But he was proud of his handy work, and that made me happy. Besides, hair is hair and they have to learn at some point to do their own. I was all for his efforts. One day last week I noticed he had put way too much water back into his hair and it was weighing it down quite a bit. I thought nothing of it and let him continue. It was time to take the girls to choir and I called to him asking him to come with us. No answer, no answer. I was just about ready to go out the door without him when he appeared from downstairs. I looked at him, took in his new face and simply stated to Beckham, " You cut your hair!". He frankly said back, "NO!!". Beckham, how can you look me in the eye and tell me you didn't cut your hair when clearly you did! When we got home from taking the girls to choir I tried to trim up his hair so it didn't look so... chopped. I am not the hair cutter in the family and I ended up cutting his hair in a wave effect. Short in the front and gradually getting longer toward the back. Bad News Bears. I did the best I could and sent him off with spiky hair. He was thrilled with his new look. Well, Dad wasn't. Later that night we had to take the clippers to his hair. That still was not satisfying enough for Dad. Sunday morning he once again took the clippers to the poor boys head, shaved off way more hair then was needed and gave him a line that cuts off the top of his head. **Sigh**

It is what it is and luckily hair grows back.




A close up of the front.



My Awesome Attempt to fix his handy work.

2 comments:

Gma said...

No matter the hair style, Beckham is still the cutest. Reminds me of Jaren and "the hair cut" of Hannah! Hair grows fast, so he will soon be able to style it the way he wants again.

Karin said...

I think it looks great! I'm so laughing though...just because we've all been through it. What is it with kids and scissors?