Grace exclaim, " Mom, can you put my clothes on. I'm too tiny."
This Thanksgiving Day I am more then Grateful for my children. I discovered a marvelous thing this year; They are my greatest blessings. You might think, well duh. Allow me to explain. When others have struggled to have a child, I've been asked to have more then I think I am capable of. Which has caused me to feel quite inadequate and overwhelmed. While visiting with my visiting teachers earlier this year the spirit whispered to me, " Your children are a blessing, not a burden." Since that quiet revelation my attitude towards motherhood has changed. I find I am more patient, loving, and teachable. I allow myself to learn from my children and admit when I am wrong. Of course I am not living a fairy tale with a Happily Ever After Ending. I still have challenges, like all mothers do. I have great children. I am proud to be their Mother and I am looking forward to another fun year!
9 years ago
2 comments:
I get the "I'm too tiny" comment a lot. Another one, "I'm too tired!" Your children ARE a blessing. I love them and can't wait to see them in January!
I love them all and love being around them. Even if Grace has the energy of an atomic bomb. I love her because she always asks questions and wants to know how things work or better "open"! Some where along the way, children loose that freedom to ask in fear of looking inadequate in some form. We can learn from the wee little ones. We need to welcome the questions with a smile and rejoice in the knowlege that they are learning. They do bless our lives.
Post a Comment