Sunday, December 12, 2010

Feeling and Experiencing Chirstmas

The past few weeks I've had the privilege of attending an adult institute class taught by Bro. Bartholomew.  It has changed my life. 

Last week Bro. Bartholomew talked about being connected to the vine.  What the heck does that mean?  It means gaining a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and feeling the His love flow through you to others.  That is a simple explanation to something very profound.

I realized that I have been living my life by a list of things to get done.  I haven't been feeling and experiencing the Gospel.  All I want is to be connected to the vine.  I want to feel of the Savior's Love and share it with others.  This desire is even greater then my desire to lose weight.  Crazy. 

At this time of year our thoughts are naturally turned to Christ.  It is Christmas and the celebration of his birth.  How do we feel and experience Christmas?  How do we make it more then just Christmas Trees, Presents, Parties and Treats?  Never before has my desire to feel Christmas been so strong.  How do I do that?  How do I get 7 other people in my home to feel Christmas? 

What do you do to feel and experience Christmas?

We talk of Christ.  We read about Him.  We think of Him.  We Pray to Fell of His Love.  What else can we do?  The more time we spend with Him, the more we will get to know Him and Love Him.  I want nothing more to then to truly know Him. 

No comments: