I am doing this a little bit out of order. This was Saturday after the 4th.Kelli really wanted to see the pictures of our fishing day with Grandma Donna and Papa Woody. Papa Woody bought all the kids their own fishing poles. We met them at Vivian Park up Provo Canyon. It was a beautiful morning. It was quite nostalgic for me, looking up the canyon that I grew up with. Going on drives with Mom and Dad. That was way back when the canyon road was just 2 lanes and wound it's way up at the base of Bridalvale Falls. I remember having to crack my neck to look out the window to even see the Falls. I digress.
It was quite the chore to keep all those lines hooked and baited. Donna and I weren't any help. I couldn't cast a line to safe my life. I was pretty good at baiting the line with velveeta cheese. Which the fish didn't even like. Everyone was able to catch a fish. Jaren even caught one by himself. No help casting the line out or anything.
Watching Brent with the kids was great. Although I think he had more fun then they did!!!
There was a family that was fishing right a long side us. Every single time they cast a line out, they caught a fish. Here we were waiting and reeling and nothing. Our heads were constantly turning in their direction "Man, they just got another one." We weren't doing anything different then they were. We finally got the bait right and ended up catching 12 fish.
5 comments:
Looks like a wonderful time! Vivian Park is beautiful!
Looks like good times were had by all. Beckham is too cute.
Way to go Hannah! We are proud of you as well. Fishing is always a good time to spend to gether. I used to go to my grandma's in California on the Russian River, and grandpa was always fishing in the frigid waters, usually had waders on. I played in the water more than fished. Anyway, Congratulations Hannah!
Great pictures Amberlyn! I think you have an eye for photography like your dad!
Aaahhhh, you are waxing nostalgic. Sounds like we are in the same boat....or bank. Fishing?
Post a Comment