Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ever done this?

During the night when I was up every two hours with Grace a memory came to the front of my brain and exploded. I just about shot out of bed. Has this ever happened to you? I remembered last week unplugging my deep freeze to plug in my shop vac. It was during those hectic days when my grandma was dying. As soon as I was finished vacuuming out the suburban I had to leave, I was running late. I completely forgot about plugging back in the deep freeze, until that memory exploded and it was too late. I blame this forgetfulness on one thing, my brain exiting my vagina after having Grace. Yup, it' true. Since having Grace I have become pretty much a scatter brain and a flake. Which I have NEVER been in my whole life. It is very frustrating to me. So Saturday morning I had to confess to Brent my major mistake. There were a million other things going on that morning so I had the joyful task of cleaning that horrendous mess. Ever smelt meat that has been sitting and decaying in a hot garage for over a week? Yeah, I pretty much was gagging and coughing and heaving. I had to leave the garage 5 or 6 times and come back. But I persevered and cleaned every last bit of slime and filth out of that deep freeze. I so deserve a employee of the week for this one. Wait, no I don't. I totally brought this upon myself with my brain exiting...

7 comments:

Emily A. Gunderson said...

Sorry about your brain!

Zach and Sarah said...

As my sister-in-law would say, "I hear you cluckin', big chicken." I lose more brain cells with every child. Someone did tell me that once they all start going to school, some of the brain cells return. I sincerely hope that's true.

Denise said...

Oh no! I am so sorry!

I haven't done this, but I did have a kid forget to shut the garage freezer door all the way, and no one noticed for a week. Ick.

Melinda said...

It is actually scientifically proven that "Post-Baby Brain" is real. I've experienced it myself. Sorry to hear about the meat. Yuck. I hope our brains return soon. I keep losing things!

Jessica said...

Sister, you are funny. I hope you can incorporate vagina into more of your posts. J/K.

So sorry about the rotten meat. I am sorry you had to clean that junk up.

Angie said...

Did you say "vagina?" He, he

Gma said...

Oh No! I am so sorry! But the blog was hillarious. The memory comes back only to leave again at the most inopportune times. Miss the babes.