Saturday, August 9, 2008

Soooo Grateful

Much to my relief Grace is doing "smash"ingly well. Okay, that was a little cheesy. There hasn't been any permanent damage to my baby girl. She is laughing, squawking, crawling, lunging, smiling, napping and simply being herself. She has no recollection of that horrible incident. But it will be ingrained in my memories forever.

There are several things that I am so grateful for:

A daughter who went and said a simple prayer with her younger brother to comfort the both of them.

A Husband who honors his priesthood and blesses our home. Especially in this type of situation, what comfort it brings.

Neighbors and friends who quickly respond to a panicking mother and are there to help and to comfort.

For phone calls the next day.

And, that no Beckhams were harmed in the making of this story.

5 comments:

Sara Liechty said...

So glad that all is well! You have such sweet kids!

Jessica said...

Ha ha :), glad to know Beckham also survived the incident!

Denise said...

So glad she's okay!!!!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

It is so great to be able to call a neighbor and the priesthood is a huge blessing!!! I am glad to hear everything is ok. I am sure that was terrifying!

Angie said...

I'm so happy that she's okay! I went through the same thing a few weeks ago when Reyn rolled off the counter and landed face first on the hardwood floor! I felt like the worst mother in the world! Isn't it great that our babies are so tough?