Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Isabel the JUST


I am documenting the things that I will miss about each of my children while they are at school all day. Today I am focusing my thoughts on Isabel.

Life MUST be JUST for this child. All things have to be fair in love and war. Isabel is so quick to point this out. Which makes her always wanting to share with her brothers and sisters. Because if she gets it, so do they. Isabel is a very affectionate child. Always giving me hugs and kisses. Isabel is GREAT at giving compliments. Just last night she came to me and told me what a great job I was doing as a mother. Ahhhh, she is so sweet. Isabel LOVES to take care of Grace. Holding her, rocking her, playing with her and her greatest desire, feed her some solid food. I love her creativity and imagination. Especially when it comes to making up songs. Sometimes it takes everything in me to keep a straight face. Isabel is a fierce friend. I hope one day she will be her sisters greatest friend.

5 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Isn't it funny how you raise your kids all the same, but they all come with totally different traits and characteristics!

Jessica said...

I too hope that Isabel is one day appreciated by her sisters for the fabulously loving and creative person that she is.

Gma said...

Sweet Isabel, she will be the fighter of right the rest of her life. We need her to keep us on the straight and narrow. I love the part about her being a fierce friend for that is what life is to her. She will always want justice. I just enjoy her inquisitive questions and honesty.

Gma said...

Strong and spirited. You're no one's girly girl; actually you are very determined person with a strong sense of self. Never let go of that! The only thing that equals your sense of self is your family, but the traditions of society can always be bent to protect something or someone you love.

This is from Mulan and it reminded me of Isabel. I love that strong willed little girl!

Jeanine Reynolds said...

I hope Sydnie will be like that with our baby... I think I'm gonna need it for my sanity.