Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving was spent at my parents house this year. For the past 10 years we've been rotating between my family and Brent's. This year was very quiet, due to both my brother's absence. I realize that things get complicated when people get married and you throw other people's family in the mix. I was disappointed that my brothers didn't make an effort to be at dinner, for my parent's sake.  It is what it is.  We still had a good time.

Before we went to my parents the girls spent the majority of the morning making hair clips out of felt.  They got really creative and did such a good job crafting. 





The cute  name cards the girls made for us all.



I love Jaren's one eyed turkey.  
The girls ran out of goggly eyes.



The yummy rolls I made. 
I'm a better cook then baker.  No, it's true.







Photo of us all.
That is one good looking bunch!  



Hannah finishing off her meringues with caramel.



All the desserts we had; lemon tart with blackberry sauce courtesy of Penny, chocolate mint cookies also courtesy of Penny, and the caramel cashew meringues courtesy of Hannah.

My family is use to eating dessert right after we eat.  Luckily we took some time in between dinner and dessert to clean up the kitchen.  My Mom and I had two surprise helpers.  Brent, you helped clear off the table, thanks babe.  And then Hannah stuck around and helped hand wash a bunch of the dishes.  That girl is growing up.  I really appreciated her efforts to help out. 

2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Those desserts look delicious!

Ryan Weiss said...

Hey, in my defense Michelle and I did show up later that day so we did end up visiting on Thanksgiving and even though it wasn't for dinner, it counts for something. Mom and dad are grateful whenever any of us show up to visit regardless of whether it's a holiday or not.