Activity: Festival of Lights
I invited our good friends the Huhtala's over for dinner. I made pizza and they brought brownies. After dinner we all piled into the 'Burb and headed down the to Festival of Lights. It wasn't the same without Brent. He does a much better job of taking it slow and navigating through the lights. I did my best and had a great time with the added company. Afterwards the kids watched the new Shrek movie downstairs while Amy and I watched Eclipse upstairs.
P.S.
This morning we woke up to a CRAP LOAD of snow. I thought it snowed a lot yesterday. Well, I was mistaken. There was at least a foot of snow just waiting to be shoveled from the driveway. I sent Jaren off to the bus, anxious for my last day of School before the holiday. Jaren quickly came back saying the buses were not running and I needed to take him to school. We got all the way to school to find out it had been cancelled. I pulled up and called the Elementary school to find out that it was a District wide cancellation. Merry Christmas to me!!
I took a deep breath, put my kids to work, and then made the best of it. We had a good day.
This was the view out my front door at 7am.
The view out my back door.
Later on in the day.
This is Roman, it's up to his back.
Notice, he's EATING the snow. Dogs and kids have something in common.
Classic snow pile on top of the railing.
The whole crew ready to pile in the car.
A few trees at the Festival of Lights.
The reason I took this was to capture one of my most favorite things about Christmas and winter. Lights covered with snow. For some reason, I love it. Love how the lights shine through the heavy whiteness and adds a bit of magic to the night.
2 comments:
That snow is heavenly! I dream of that much snow every winter. I am so glad you are documenting your 12 days of Christmas so that I can replicate it one year. You are such a wonderful mom. I am so sorry that Brent is gone this week!
Love all that snow and your snowy tree pictures. Bummer about school being canceled! At least for you anyways, I am sure the kidlets are thrilled!
Post a Comment