Yesterday was my second attempt at teaching Relief Society. The conference talk was by Elder Holland titled, The Ministry of Angels. I had a difficult time pulling this lesson together. I felt strongly about the subject, since it is close to my heart, and was frustrating to me that I couldn't put my feelings into words.
It is a beautiful talk about angels seen and unseen. How those angels are sent to us by the Lord to help us when we find ourselves in "dark and dreary" places. The one thing that I took away from this lesson is that the Lord will NEVER leave us alone. He is always very near and is waiting to send his help.
On many occassions the Lord has sent his servants when I have been in my own "dark and dreary" times. Sometimes that angel was my own Mother. Other times, my sister. And more then once it's been a sister in my ward. I know the Lord was mindful of me and sent these "angels" to help me get through those difficult times.
I hope that I one day can be an angel to someone else. Helping them through a rough patch, a listening ear, an encouraging word.
9 years ago
4 comments:
ah, angels. I only wish to have wings....
You have always been my angel.
Amberlyn that was a beautiful lesson, I hope you are doing great. Thanks again for the Bell Peppers. You are a dear. love melissa.
Be careful what you wish for: or pray for: You are MY Angel!
Post a Comment