Yesterday while I was doing some chores around my quiet house, I passed my children's rooms. Once again, some were a mess, others chose to listen to me and make their beds and pick up their clothes. The first thought that entered my mind was, what does it matter if they clean their rooms in the morning like I ask? It doesn't hurt anything by not getting it done. Besides, they HAVE to get them cleaned on Saturdays. Immediately following these justification thoughts, a more grounded and spiritual one entered into my mind, and it surprised me. It was strong and powerful. My children are just practicing being obedient to their Earthly parents so when the time comes, they can be obedient to their Heavenly Father. No, cleaning their rooms isn't that important, but being obedient IS. How can my children expect to be obedient when they get older if they can't obey simple request now? I know what our next FHE is going to be on.
Obedience is Happiness.
9 years ago
2 comments:
We struggle with this too. I will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Wow - how very true. Thanks for sharing. I am sometimes like you and figure it is a battle not worth fighting. But what is that teaching them? What a good Mom you are.
Post a Comment