During Relief Society this past Sunday comments were made about distractions and what is truly important. Then and there I decided that I needed to filter my life. Filter out the activities that were taking me away from what is most important in my life. That is my family, being a mother and a wife. As difficult as it was to make certain phone calls, it was a huge relief. And a greater relief was the understanding and compassion for my decision.
I have felt this past year that I have been one or two steps behind. I'm sure that has a lot to do the the addition of Grace. But I need to get one or two stes ahead. And then maybe I can slowly start adding things back into my life. But now is not the time.
There is a time and season for everything. I just pray that I will recognize when my seasons are changing.
9 years ago
3 comments:
Yes. It is so hard to balance out everything. Blog to us about how it has changed your life. This is a huge weakness for me.
If I put the same amount of effort into my phone/computer/tv as I should exercising/spending time with the family/or sleeping.... I probably would be happier, healthier and more at peace.
So, as soon as I put the cookie down that I am eating, (while I am on the computer,) at MIDNIGHT... I will start this new goal, too! :)
Great post Amberlyn. I would have like to have seen you make your list...but I am hopeful that is what you are doing with the change in lifestyle.
Setting priorities and finding balance is so hard. Just one thing, either way, can tip the scales too far.
But I am encouraged by your journey.
Loved Carolyn's comment. I missed RS last week. You'll have to fill me in. Good job today. You did an excellent job getting everyone to share and the spirit was really strong. I love you, Amberlyn!
Post a Comment