Couponing is GOOD. In fact it has been GREAT for me and my family. I've been able to purchase more food for less and have some left over. Which I've never been able to accomplish before. The bad thing is there are so MANY ding dang coupners in this area that, I guess, get up before the butt-crack of dawn to get to the sales. Then I get ugly and angry when I get there at just 9:15am and most of the time I'm left with stinking SCRAPS. This time there were some awesome coupons on the actual add. I had forgotten to grap ONE on my way in. Well, stupid me, as I went to the front of the store to grab that ONE some lady snatched up the WHOLE pile of adds. What the HECK!!!! As I went to the register I mentioned this to the cashier and she had one saved up. They decided to not up out all the adds and keep them hidden under the registers so those who want ONE, could get one.
I was proud of my purchase today. I bought 13 boxes of bisquick, 13 boxes of instant potatoes, 6 boxes of muffin mix, 6 cherrio snacks, 6 toaster strudels and got 2 2lb blocks of cheese for free. I spent a total of $50 and saved over $115. I took a picture of my great buying but since I am computer illiterate I couldn't figure out how to upload just the one picture. So it's left up to your imagination. I'm sure there are those of you out there that could have done far better than I. But still being a newbie at this, I think I did pretty good. I need to be more patient and study the adds. But I'm so afraid of missing the "good stuff" that I rush it. Patience is a virtue which I'm still learning how to perfect. Okay, maybe not perfect, but at least practice more often.
9 years ago
9 comments:
I LOVED couponing in Utah. It is totally addicting once you start! You can build your food storage super fast. In New York the coupons are not nearly as good. Dang it!
WOW! Amberlyn. Are you using a system or just doing it on your own?
Good job, Amberlyn! It sounds a lot like your experience on black Friday. I don't get it. Where has all the love gone?
Hey There Amberlyn..!!! What a great shopper you are...but you need to follow the old addage...walk softly but carry a BIG STICK...!!! Where do these people come from that go in and take ALL of the ads? They MUST be Democrats...: )
I like your blog...great pictures.
Mike
Great blog Amberlyn...!!! I really enjoyed going through...reading and looking at your pictures.
Love You,
Mike
Yes, I'm using a system through grocerysmarts.com. It's easy and very user friendly. Plus I get 6 Sunday papers delivered to my house. I should be getting 2 more delivered and I might just sign up for those, I need MORE coupons.
Really? Couponers in Utah are Democrats? Right.
I have found the same thing. I get all organized and go to Albertsons for their great sale and all I find is empty shelves. I wonder if people do the Black Friday thing. They go to the Grocery store at 7:30 p.m., grab 2 carts, shop, and then wait to get in the check out line until 11:59 p.m. So they snatch up all the food before the sale even begins. Hey. That just might work. Wanna come?
Grocerysmarts.. Thanks girl. I will have to do it.
LOVE the saying about Democrats..sorry Jessica..but that is funny. (Coming from living in the Great Democratic Northwest!)
Post a Comment