As a woman my mind goes a mile a minute. I move from thought to thought. Sometimes they flow into each other and sometimes they are as random as rain. A few days ago I was thinking about blogging. How much I love it. The things that I am documenting by blogging. Then my thoughts turned to technology and how advanced we are. We were given this technology by a loving Heavenly Father. What if blogging was His way to get us silly woman to start documenting our lives and the lives of our children. I knew it was important to do a journal. But picking up a pen and paper seemed like such work. And where to begin? Well I've begun. And it's started with blogging.
Brent mentioned to a co-worker the other day about my blogging addiction. His co-worker mentioned to him that I need to start printing my posts!!! Yes I do. And I will. It's a great way to spark other memories of that same moment in time.
Even though I've had to find balance in blogging. It's been a great blessing as well.
9 years ago
4 comments:
Amberlyn, I'm sure you've heard, but there are sites (like blurb.com) that will print your blog into a book. That is the whole reason I am doing it, too. I plan to print a book at the end of every year and viola! Family scrapbook done.
Actually, I hadn't heard about that. Thanks for telling me!!! I am really excited about that. I am going to check it out.
I think blogging is a great thing! I totally agree with you. By the way you need to check out this photography site it has amazing pictures on it. It reminds me of the picture you have on your header. It's www.scanlan.com. I bet your dad would love it too. Let me know what you think! Love you!
Hey Amberlyn:
It looks like someone already shared the great news about Blurb. It is great. I am in the process of making a book right now for my family just simply so I have the journaling. What a great family heirloom! Since I now know that I am making my bloggings into a book, I am finding myself wanting to post more often and with more details. I have to agree that technology is making family history great. See you on Sunday.
Kelli
Post a Comment