9 years ago
Monday, June 30, 2008
Is that a tan?
This is what my feet looked like after a full day of Yard work. Yes, I had tennis shoes on. Yes, I was wearing socks. This past Wednesday we finally got curbing. After weeks and weeks of waiting and flip flopping on the idea, and letting my garden go it's now finished. Boy did we have our work cut out for us. We removed sod, cleared away weeds, moved what seemed like a thousand pound trampoline up and over the curbing, laid landscape fabric, shovel and laid wood chips around the trampoline. All this for just one tiny corner in our yard. While Brent took Roman to the vet, I mowed the lawn. I wanted to impress him. I was so tired I went inside and wanted to lay on my bed. But it wasn't made that morning since someone was still sleeping in it and then it just never got made. So I crashed on the floor. I could feel every fiber of my body aching. While it ached and screamed at me my mind was telling me there was so much more work that needs to be done. Aside from the aches and pains that my body is still experiencing, I missed working in my yard. Using my body for what it was intended to be used for, WORK. Yes it was strenuous and I had sweat dripping into my eyeballs and down my back and in my clevig(if someone could tell me how to properly spell that I would be grateful). But it was so rewarding as well. To look out my bedroom window and know that my yard looked better because I worked my tail off.
I wasn't the only one working. The kids helped out as much as they could. After all, they are just kids. As a reward we went and treated ourselves to Hawaiin Shaved Ice. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I bet it looks great! The shaved ice sounds delicious!
Nice work lady!
Love that dirty face, so adorable. Emily wants to know how to add backgrounds to her blogs.
Good job woman! I mowed the lawn at 6 months pregnant while Mark was out of town- nearly KILLED myself and Mark was mad- all in all not the best plan I've ever had! :) Maybe you're just getting old...haha!
"I had sweat dripping into my eyeballs and down my back and in my clevig(if someone could tell me how to properly spell that I would be grateful)."
Cleavage. :)
Post a Comment