Yesterday afternoon Brent took Jaren to Weblos Woods. I was slightly nervous for Jaren's first official Scouting Overnighter. Jaren was so excited he was up at 6:30am and asked me all afternoon for things to do to make the time go by quickly. FINALLY Brent came home, and FINALLY their ride came and they were off. Just before they left I instructed Brent NOT to lose my son.
They were back earlier then expected today. Due to rain, they removed and shortened some of the activities. Of course they both came back, a little damp, but safe. I kept myself up late last night to ensure I would fall asleep quickly. They both had a good time. I'm sure we are just getting our toes wet in terms of scouting campouts. Soon we'll be drowning in monthly overnighters.
1 comment:
Those "firsts" are a killer. We mothers worry and worry and the kids come back safe and sound and wonder what is wrong with us. All part of being a caring mom. Jaren is a super kid and probably taught his dad a few things. They looked so awesome together. Love ya.
Post a Comment