Monday, June 2, 2008

I DID IT !!!!

Today was the first official day of summer!!!! I am giving my kids a week off of chores, they deserve it. I and I need a break from hounding them about their chores.
Since my husband and I have talked about letting our kids be kids and having fun I took a huge step today. I let Isabel and Annika have a friend over, and Hannah also had a friend over. I NEVER do that. It's just so much work for me. Which it shouldn't, but it is. I realized that I needed to get over my obsession with messes. Kids need to make messes when they're kids. It's easier to clean up rather when their adults making messes. Anyway, I digress. While our little guests were over I let the twins and their friend make necklaces and I let Hannah and her friend make cookies. Wow, cookies. True, I love to make cookies with my own children. You just never know how it's going to turn out with someone else's. They had a ball. I even let them make their own "medium" sized cookies decorated with chex mix.
To many of you this might seem like any other day. For me, it's a huge step in making my children's lives more memorable. This thing we call Motherhood comes easy to most of you. For me, I have to work at it. But it's work that I truly enjoy. I had a great time today. Although I had laundry scattered here and there ( when do I not?), and a million other chores that needed to be done, I can go t bed knowing that I did something great for my kids.
I'm sure tomorrow will be an entirely different story!!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Glad it was so much fun!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Your doing a wonderful job!! Keep up the good work!! It is hard, but soooo worth it.

Sara Liechty said...

Sounds like a fun day! Letting the kids be kids is so important and so worth it! Good Job!