Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sweetness



I really believe that we all have different love languages. My husband would have to disagree. But I think that is a front to keep his emotions to himself. Brent is not one to exclaim his love for me. I never hear him tell me that I am beautiful or that I am doing a great job at being a wife and mother. Unless I come to him in tears, then I hear those words that I have been craving for months and months. But through our many years of marriage I've realized that this is not how Brent gives or receives love. He shows his affection for me through gifts and service. My eyes were opened to this only in the past few years. Now I am always looking for those signs of love and affection. So when Brent called me this past Saturday to ask me what my shoe size was, I didn't question it and just told him. He came home with the COOLEST pair of puma tennis shoes. I look at the shoes as him telling me, " Babe, you are doing a great job at being a mother to our children. And I couldn't ask for a better wife." I am grateful that my eyes were opened to the many different love languages. I can now recognize when and how my Husband is telling me he loves me. And in return I try really hard to serve him every day in some way. He is the greatest at giving me the perfect gifts on my birthday, mother's day and Christmas. But I have to admit, that when I get a greeting card from him with a hand written note I tear up, because that is how I receive love. Through praise and words. None of us are perfect. Our journey here on Earth is to learn and to grow. I am grateful that I've learned a little bit more about the man I married.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Those shoes rock!

Jessica said...

Good job Brent! I LOVE those shoes! I don't think Jamie would ever buy me a pair of shoes. I want some cool puma shoes compliments of my hubs...

Rachel said...

Super Cute!