Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Wonderful thing about Older Children...


Is that Older Children are Wonderful Things!!! Everyone kept telling me how much easier it would be to have a baby now that I have older children. I wanted to believe them. All my children have been little when I've had my babies. Even when I had Beckham, Jaren was only in kindergarten.
It's been so great to have my Hannah around. She practically begs me to change Grace's diaper, and to hold her. LoVe that!!! Isabel would hold Grace all day long as well. Jaren gets nervous when he hears any sort of sounds coming from her. "Mom, hurry, come get her. She's pooping!!" Silly boy, she's not going to poop all over him. Just recently did I discover that Jaren and Hannah are very capable of helping Isabel and Annika with their home work. HELLO!!! Where has that been, and why I didn't I think of it before now. Both Jaren and Hannah are willing to help Isabel and Annika with their homework. And I think it's a great thing for everyone. It boosts Jaren and Hannah's confidence, and builds their relationships with their younger sisters.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It is great having older kids- and they love to have a little bit of responsibility. It gives them a sense of accomplishment and confidence.

Denise said...

You are preaching to the choir here.

Everyone helps each other...and the big ones each have a little one assigned to them that they have to help in general ways...when we are going out, when we are eating, when we are getting ready for church. They help themselves and then they check on their buddy.

I LOVE IT!

Amberlyn said...

I knew it took me a lot longer to realize this out.

But hey, at least I finally figured it out. I love your idea of budding up. I'll have to encorporate that into my next outing.

Jessica said...

Love the photo! Hannah is so beautiful and that Grace! She looks more and more like mom. I love it. How great to have older kids who want to nurture and love their younger sibs.