In the background were pretty much the ONLY blooming tulips.
I almost thought they were fake.
Our original, original plan was to come to the Tulip festival with Aunt Kelli and Alleah. Then we decided it was too cold, and the tulips wouldn't be showing their faces and it wouldn't be worth $50 to see non-blooming gardens. Then we were going to go to Temple Square. When we arrived at my Mom's she offered to pay for the Grandparent's pass. That way all the kids get in for free and I was only $5. Don't worry Kelli, you didn't miss out on anything. Nothing was blooming but the daffodils and hyacinths and even then it has been so cold at night that they were droopy and wilting. It was really disappointing. But we made the best out of the day and the kids still enjoyed running around like banchies. Jaren is the one that said the most amuzing comment. I told the kids to smell the hyacinths, they still smelled amazing. After smelling them Jaren said this," I know why they call them hyacinths. Because they are High Scent." So entertaining.
2 comments:
Do you live in Utah or Narnia (during the winter years)?
Looks like you all had a great time. I hope there are more blooms in two weeks!
I'm glad you're doing so many fun things with your kids. I know you're trying hard to make time to have fun with them and I can see it's making a difference! Your kids were tons more well-behaved than mine at the circus! I couldn't believe my kids' whining. Ugh! Good job!
Post a Comment