Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Mom


This is my Mom, Penny. When I was in High School people would ask us if we were sister. I would get so irritated by this. No, she's my Mom. Of course, she was so flattered and excited about these lovely comments.
I don't think you can truly appreciate what your mother does for you until you become a mother yourself. I never realized how much work my Mom put into my happiness and well being. I never knew until later in life how much went on behind the scenes. How many times she went to the school to talk to a teacher or talk to a church leader. She gave me a voice when I didn't have one, defended me, and faught for me. That's what mother's do. We don't care what other people think when it comes to our children. We just want them to be happy.
So thanks Mom!!! I love you. Happy Late Mother's Day. Thanks for taking the kids over the weekend. I know it's not easy. But they love it and love you for it.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Perfectly said, perfect tribute.

ricktor said...

Ok, there is also a "Dad" in the photo you could at least acknowledge that he exists.

Amberlyn said...

Next to my Mom is my oh so handsome Father, Rick. Doesn't he look good in salt and pepper?

Believe me Dad, when Father's Day comes, I will give you a tribute too!!!