9 years ago
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Such Confidence
While my sister was here she told Annika that she looked really cute. This was Annika's response, " I look cute every day." I just about fell to the floor. What a great response!!! This is coming from a girl who insisted on wearing black hooker boots with shorts. And where does all that confidence go when we get older? I would love it if I could look in the mirror and tell myself everyday how cute I look. Just yesterday I was getting ready and looked in the mirror and realized that I have hit an age where I can no longer get away without any make-up. I thought to myself, "Dang girl, you need to do something with yourself." I have been blessed with the Edwards dark rings around the eyes. And this is just magnified by having a new baby and more sleepless nights. When we were first married Brent did not want me to wear make-up. He told me I look beautiful without it. Gone are those carefree days. After covering up those brown spots with some concealer and powder and putting on some eye shadow and mascara I looked like a new woman. Welcome to being thirty-something!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
AMBERLYN, I REMEMBER WHEN YOU USE TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY "IM SO BEAUTIFUL, I'M JUST SO BEAUTIFUL" AND YOU STILL ARE, AUNT GAYE
I've never noticed dark rings around your eyes, at least you are fortunate to have the Edwards beautiful skin!!
I love that big flower on Isabel's head. It seems to match her personality perfectly. I hope she can fight the failings of confidence and continue to wear big flowers and be the big person she is. Whatevs about not being able to get away without wearing makeup! You have much better skin and a better face than me and I still don't bother with makeup. You are lucky to be so naturally beautiful.
Post a Comment