Directly after the Dentist appointment I dropped Isabel and Annika off at school and picked up Hannah. Brent made it home in time to meet everyone at Wendy's. We quickly dropped Beckham off at a Neighbor's and made it just in time to place our order's at Wendy's. There were so many of us that there was total confusion with the order. MADNESS I tell you. Among all the caotic noises I hear my sister-in-law Brooke say she ordered the spicy chicken sandwich without the lettuce or tomato. Hello, you should have had a V-8!!! I stood up and bopped her on the forehead. Silly girl.
The last time I had been to the MTC was 9 years ago with my youngest brother Deric. And one thing is for sure, it has not changed since. We were in the second row and the wait to fill the room was agonizing!!! But I love how short, sweet and to the point the Presidencies message are. I was so proud of myself for not crying during the opening song, which is of course, Called To Serve. But every single mother in that room had wet eyes. I loved how upbeat and cheerful the piano made the song!!!
The MTC President compared saying good bye to ripping a band aid off. You can make it painful and slow, or you can do it fast and just rip it off. Brent and I chose to make our good byes quick. Many tears were shed by both Brent and I. Donna, on the other hand chose the former. She chose to go slow and painful. I realize that this is her last son to go on a mission and how hard it must be to see him go and to have him gone for 2 years. But how proud we are of him and his choice. He is now in the Lord's care and he will be very well taken care of. Cory ended up having to pull Donna away. I don't think it makes it any easier for the Missionary if you choose to stick around. I'm sure all of my logic will go out the window when Jaren goes. But I hope to remember.
Brent and I decided to bring Hannah and Jaren. We really wanted Jaren to experience the MTC and get excited for his own mission. There is no denying the feelings you have when you are in the MTC. We hope this will be a stepping stone for our own growing missionary.
9 years ago
1 comment:
It already makes me cry to think of having to say goodbye to TWO sons (two babies) at the same time. However, I will probably cry more if they don't go.
Post a Comment