Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Wax Museum

Jaren as Gorden B. Hinckley


Close up. I can't believe he's 10


Jaren is constantly asking me to hold Grace
I think it's so sweet.


Jaren with his biggest fans
It was another crazy, busy day for me.
So a sweatshirt is all I was sporting.

The 4th grade did a Wax Museum of the most influencial people of Utah. Jaren picked Gordon B. Hinckley. I knew the day was coming up soon but hadn't gotten any notes from school. Until the day before the actual event. HELLO!!! How am I suppose to put together a costume with less then 8 hours notice. Thankfully Amy was heading to the D.I. and picked up the sweet glasses. Unfortunately they didn't have a cane. So what you see is what you get. As I walked into the school and down the hall way I noticed all the kids had these highly decorated poster boards. My immediate thought was, "Oh crap, I didn't help Jaren do one of those. We're screwed." Until I got to Mr. B class and no one from his class had poster board. THANK YOU Mr. B!!!! He thought they were too much work for the end of the year and just had them do black and white flyers. AWESOME!!! Jaren had memorized key points about Gordon's life and he did an awesome job. I am very proud of him.
The end of the school year is such a busy time. I am so done with home work and don't understand why Isabel and Annika still get sent home with it when they finished testing 2 weeks ago. That's why Brent stayed home from one of Hannah's ball games and helped Annika with 7, count them, 7 silly home work sheets. I am so glad I have a loving supportive husband who helps out so much and is so patient with me when I fall flat on my face.
I am so excited for NO HOMEWORK!!!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

He looks just like Gordon! love it!

Amy said...

Hey! I've finally caught up reading your blog- of course I'm doing it while waiting for indiana jones to start- thank heavens for multi tasking. The pics of Grace are way cute! well the movie is starting- see you tomorrow.

Melissa Personal Trainer Utah said...

Hi amberlyn. I love your blog. You are so cute with all your insights. Now no more blogging. Just kidding. my blog is www.fossats.blogspot.com. I do need help getting it to work better. So come over and help. See you soon. melissa

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Wax Museum is a very cute idea! I think Jaren pulled it off fantastic. Only a few more days of school for you! YEH!!!

Jessica said...

What a cute Pres. Hinckley!