Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Grace's Blessing

Brent with Grace



Grace in her pretty blessing dress that Grandma Penny bought for her.

This past Sunday Grace was blessed. It was so great to have all the family there. Sean missed being in the circle, going a little too fast on the freeway. And we missed having Aunt Brooke be a part of this special day. But it was so great to have my sister and her husband and family there. Brent did a great job blessing Grace. I love to watch Brent with her. He is constantly holding, talking, and just loving her all the time. Grace has been a huge blessing in our lives. When I was told to have another baby, I very well could have shoved those thoughts into the back of my mind where cobwebs grow and never thought about it again. But if the Lord has enough confidence in me to tell me to have another child, how could I not. So instead of ignoring those promptings I chose to be obedient. Knowing that obedience brings blessings. Even though Grace hasn't been without her challenges, she has been such a blessing. The Lord will always provide away for us to accomplish those things which he asks us to do. This is so true. And I am so grateful for that knowledge.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

She looks beautiful as ever all dressed in white.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad we could attend Grace's blessing and that Jamie could stand in her circle. Brent did give her a powerful blessing--what a wonderful way to start life! Grace has an exciting life ahead of her.

Jessica said...

Grace is so stinking cute and tiny. Love that girl.