Sunday, September 28, 2008

Autumn Color

When my family and I left for California last Friday there were just hints of colors on the mountains. Upon our return the mountains are now bursting with beautiful Autumn color. I PURE love it. I revel in the feelings of excitement these changes in the mountains bring to my soul. With General Conference upon us thoughts of a loving Heavenly Father come to my mind. How he created the seasons, and the mountains. As I soak up the beauty of the colors, thoughts of a Heavenly Mother come to my mind as well. There is beauty in the ruggedness of the mountains. Each season that ruggedness is balanced out by something soft and wonderful. In the spring, it's the wildflowers, summer -- the deep green color of trees, Autumn -- leaves changing and falling, and winter -- white, brilliant snow. How could this world possibly been created without the help of a Mother, a Goddess. We as women help to balance out our rugged husbands. They need us now, and they will need us when it's our turn to create worlds on end.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amberlyn,

I just love your joy at all things big and small...you always remind me to be grateful.

Thanks for that!

Jessica said...

Boy do our husbands NEED us. The trouble is getting them to realize that they do need us, sheesh.

I too love fall and for the same reasons. I love that it greets me, happily and with crisp coolness, after each wretched summer. God truly loved us by giving us this world.