To live the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Sometimes it feels like more of a sacrifice then at other times. Recently I have been struggling with my calling as a Cub Scout Bear Den Leader. It's hard for me to give up my time to spend with sweaty, stinky, chaotic boys and at the same time figure out what to do with my own children. At this time in my life it is a huge sacrifice. But in sacrificing I realized something. Someone, someday will be doing the same thing for my son. We all serve and sacrifice together, for each other. And if our hearts and attitudes are in the right place the sacrifice doesn't feel as difficult. And in the end, sacrificing and simply living the Gospel and being obedient brings freedom and joy. Freedom from the world around us. Joy from a loving Heavenly Father blessing us for our sacrifice and obedience.
So, will I keep sacrificing? Yes, I will. As hard as the sacrifice might feel at the time, the reward for obedience far out weighs it.
9 years ago
6 comments:
Taking a few minutes to blog hop and ran into yours. What adorable kids. LOVE the backpack picture. And I also struggle with what I have committed to and sacrifices. Glad to have found you.
I'm home at that time. I can watch your kids.
Good for you! I'm so proud of you!
Really? What rewards? I still think you should ask to be released. That calling blows.
Are you changing the time to Wednesday's? Is that going to work out?
I know we've talked about this a lot but I really feel like you have to find a way that works for you. And I think if you didn't have to worry about your other kids during Scout time, you could focus on them and find ways to connect with them and enjoy yourself. Boys that age are really funny if you have the time to listen.
I hope you will continue to speak to Brent about it and find a way that will work. He needs to support you in your calling too- even what we call a "little calling".
After a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident, her husband found a journal she called her "Happiness is" book. One of the entries was "Happiness is finding peace in the gospel even when I have a calling I hate." (She was serving in cub scouts at the time she wrote that:-) I'm sure there are probably lots of people who feel the same way:-)
Post a Comment