Friday, September 26, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!

Earlier this year Brent and I decided that we would be going to Disneyland again. Much to our disappointment Dental bills were atrocious after the summer. So we called off our trip to Disneyland. Not only did we have to tell our children the disappointing news, but I had to break it to my parents, who Brent had invited several days after Grace's birth. Yes, it had been planned that far in advance.
A week and a half before our scheduled departure date, Brent phoned me. He expressed his desire to still go, since the Hotel was stilled booked. He told me to think about it, and I did. But there really wasn't much thinking on my part. Once Brent makes up his mind to do something, it happens. I invited my parents, AGAIN. Thankfully, and luckily they could come. I decided to make it a complete surprise for the kids. I arranged with the kids Teachers to have their homework sent to the office. I didn't peep a word for over a week to the kids. And it was the most torturous week of my LIFE. Half my kids were in and out of illness. I literally gave myself the runs with worry. NOT COOL!!!
There was no way to pull off the surprise till the morning we left. That would have been the coolest. Too much packing and preparation had to happen so we told them right after Brent made it home from work on Friday. The videos document the excitement of all.



My mom thought it would be fun to put Isabel and Annika's ears on from last year. Can you tell we are just as excited as the kids?




It is so funny to see all the kids different reactions. Isabel takes it so seriously and can't celebrate until she knows "for reals" that the announcement is true.








Grace had just woken up from a nap and was bombarded by the kids. I finally got her growling on camera.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Fun, fun! We want more pictures and more stories as soon as you get recovered from the vacation. We hope that you had a great time. It looks like the kids were excited. What a great surprise. I remember when my parents surprised us with a little vacation. All they told us was to go and back our bags and to make sure we had our swimsuits. What great family memories you are creating.

Pike's Place said...

You're the coolest parents, ever! What a great surprise. Have fun! We love that place.

Jessica said...

Classic, classic, classic!!!! I'm so happy you captured their reactions. What a wonderful surprise. I am so glad you are home. A week is TOO long for no calls, emails, or new blog posts. Welcome home!

Denise said...

How fun!!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Yeah.

Take lots of pics!!!!

Zach and Sarah said...

That looked so fun--now I want to surprise MY kids with a trip to Disneyland. I'll just need to get Zach on board with that.

Angie said...

You should never title a post "surprise!" The first thing I thought, although it is impossible, is that you were pregnant again!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

For Real? That is priceless!!! I love their reactions it is like Christmas morning! Have fun!!! Can't wait to see lots and lots of pictures!!!