Friday, September 12, 2008

Brighter side to 9/11



Last year on 9/11 our family was in Disneyland. My sister was due in about 5 weeks to have her twin boys. There were several messages on Brent's phone saying that my sister had to have them early. She had gained 40 pounds in 3 weeks and the babies were in danger. I felt terrible that I wasn't available for my sister to call me. I'm sure she was scared out of her mind. To make things worse, she has no family out there but her husband. They had to deal with all this stress on their own. I wasn't able to hear her all that well when I did finally talk to her since we were still at the park and the connection wasn't that great. The c-section went well. Both babies were fine and due to Jessica's complications she had to stay in the hospital for a few extra days.

Yesterday was Asher and Soren's first birthday. They have changed my sister's life dramatically. She lives and breaths for those boys. My sister lives with a lot of passion. I knew she would fall completely in love with them. She had to go back to work and has struggled with that ever since. But she and Jamie are doing an AMAZING job raising those boys. They are happy and healthy.

Thanks Asher and Soren for making me an Aunt for the 2 and 3 time. It's fun to be called Aunt Amberlyn. Beckham asked me yesterday if Asher and Soren were coming over. I sadly had to explain to him that they live in another state. We wished we lived closer so we could celebrate this monumentous day with you. Happy Birthday boys!!!! (a day late).

2 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome memory of 9/11.

Jessica said...

Thank you Amberlyn, so much, for this post. Thanks for being the best Aunt to Asher and Soren and for always making me feel like i am doing a great job as a mom. You've been such a tremendous example to me. I also think that Asher and Soren have made 9/11 a wonderful day again!