I have a picture like this with Beckham and Hannah.
Memories, like the corners of my mind.
Beckham had no problem being dropped off. He hung up his backpack, which was WAY to big for him, sqeezed right in at the arts and craft table and immediately started his first ever project. No tears and boogers today folks, just a whole lot of joy. When I picked him up he showed me that GREAT project and how he wrote his name for the first time. I have been trying and trying to get him to do that for me at home, using the same technique. This is just a testiment to why I will NEVER home school my children. They respond better to other adults. Which is just fine with me.
What did I do for the 2 short hours he was at school? I went to the fabric store to pick out fabric for dance costumes. Then I went out to lunch with the Fabulous ladies from Girls' Camp. We went to this fabulous place called Jaxie's. Not sure if it's pronounced like Jack-E or Jax-E. I'll have to ask them the next time I go. Because I WILL be going again. It was so good.
As I reflect on my day and how I feel right now, it's strange. My heart is beating a little stronger and quicker. I feel like I want to cry, but it's just resonating in my chest. My life is morphing right now into a new stage. A stage that is going to come wether I am ready for it or not. I don't think one is truly ready for any kind of change. If it comes quickly or slowly it's always surprising how it makes you feel.
5 comments:
How fun! I am so happy for it.
It is going to continue to be a wonderful journey!
Beckham is so cute, and getting so big! I love his big backpack!
I still remember the day he was born. I waited and waited and waited. It is hard to believe how fast time goes by.
Ahh, I'm on the other side of that freedom and joy that you're so close to..I'm at the very beginning! I guess we've all gotta do our time huh? It's a good thing they're so fun and adorable! I can't believe yours are already so grown up!!!!
A huge milestone...but the joy and strange sensations will linger a little more with Grace as she ages.
Post a Comment