Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Oh So Resourceful Cooking Sorceress

A few of the items found in my grocery bag.



This is the soup and croutons I made out of those items.
And yes, it was delicious.

This afternoon I met my Mom at this new place called Sunflower Farmer's Market. It's suppose to be similar to Trader Joe's. But it doesn't come close. Yes, it does have some cool things. Like 33oz bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 4.99. AND, they had Sushi samples that were REALLY good!!!
As I walked a lady came up to me and said, "You are my lucky customer today" and handed me a grocery bag FULL of free groceries. SWEET!!! This is now my new favorite store. Before my busy day started I wondered what I would be making for dinner. I knew there was something I could make for dinner with these items so they wouldn't go to waste. I ended up making roasted tomato and red pepper soup with sour dough croutons. Oh my goodness, it was the best soup so far this Fall. I also had some pepper jack cheese that Amy so generously shared with me so I diced that up and used it as a garnish.

The Cooking Sorceress strikes again.

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Sheesh Martha! I am impressed. How dare you post without including the recipe! :0) It sounds delicious!!!!

Denise said...

Once again...why can't I live closer to you??!?

Jessica said...

Yeah, you are totally amazing and talented in the kitchen. I wish I could eat with you!

Rindee said...

Simply amazing.

I have no desire to make up a recipe and then hate it. All the time and ingredients wasted. That is what would happen if I tried to make up my own recipe.

You have a gift.