Soon after checking into the Hotel on Saturday we suited up and headed to Huntington Beach. Brent really wanted to watch the sun set, and my Parents were thrilled with that prospect. It was a little chilly. We had fun non the less. Brent and Penny had a great time boogy boarding. Jaren really digged it as well and was excited to brave the waves, and sharks? Grace HATED her first experience at the beach. She's not to kean on water to begin with, so this was not her favorite. Although she did love experiencing the sand between her toes and in her fingers. She even had to experience the sand in her mouth. She is such a tactile little thing.
I have to say, the beach is SO romantic. Even with my 5 kids screaming with excitement. The sun setting over the beach is something everyone should experience once in their lifetime. I love the sound of the crashing waves, the feel of sand gooshing through my toes, sounds of thrilled voices in finding a sea shell, screams of joy from just escaping an oncoming wave, the smell of the salt. There's nothing like it.
9 years ago
11 comments:
Aw, man! I used to live in So. Cal and that makes me miss the beach so much!
Looks like you had a fun trip! We're thinking Disney next fall too...I'll have to talk to you about it sometime. I'd like the details on if it was too crowded that time of year, etc.
Great pictures! I love them. I have never really experienced a beach that you can actually get in that has really soft sand. When I go to southern California, the beach is a must.
I love that Heavenly Father gives us beautiful things to look at. We are so lucky to live on this earth!
I love these photos! I am glad you guys had such a wonderful time!
Yay, photos! I can't wait for more. I wish we could have joined you. Little Grace was just too cute eating sand!
Love the beach! I'm thinking about it right now . . .
I would have to agree! I miss the beach so much! I too lived in So. Cal and it is one of the things I miss the most! A late night stroll when the sun is setting, sand in your toes, etc. Wow! I miss it!
oh so jealous!
speaking of the romantic beach...Gabe proposed to me on the beach. Great place to be with someone you love.
We did Newport Beach yesterday & I have to agree with you on why you love the beach, but I also love the smell (I know some find it a tad gross) and the sound of the waves (when you can hear them above the shrieks of glee)...
It's making me even more excited to go next week!
Beautiful Pictures. I am so glad you had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment