Monday, September 15, 2008

Life of a Soccer/Baseball/Football/Clogger/Ballet Mom

Hannah getting ready for her soccer game.

Annika rummaging through the over stuffed soccer tote
to find her soccer essentials.

Annika getting ready. All children know how to get ready on
their own. Which makes a huge difference.

I remember the good old days when my children were all under the age of 7. I had only Jaren in sports. I thought it was such a chore to get Jaren dressed and ready and then load all the kids in the van and head to his game. Gone are those easy going days.

Now any day of the week my nights are filled with 2 if not 3 sporting events. Anything from a soccer game to a football game. From clogging to ballet and a baseball practice thrown in for good measure. AND homework to add a little spice.

Have you ever committed to something without realizing the consequence that comittment would bring? My eyes have been opened to that huge mistake. My life is so OVER BOOKED right now it' not even comical. I feel as though I am running from game to game to game to practice to practice to me going crazy. I'm sure sometime in the future I'll be able to look back and say, "Dang you fool!! What were you thinking?" And maybe throw in a good chuckle.

Not right now. I blame my husband for our over scheduled lives. If it were up to me, my children wouldn't be in sports at the moment. Homework is hard enough to keep on top of. I have told Brent repeatedly, "We will NEVER do this again," (said with the evil eye).

Moral of my boo-hooing: JUST SAY NO!!!!

4 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Wow! I couldn't even imagine. I'm enjoying these simple days of kids at home all day and only one sport.

Denise said...

Amen sister.

We just have toooooo much homework, and with piano on top of that, and scouts and activity days, and next month young women...it's enough to make you want to run screaming down the street!

JUST SAY NO!

Jessica said...

Great photos. I think it's important to document the daily 'grind.' You'll be so happy you captured these images, especially when life gets quiet again and you actually miss the activity.

Sandy said...

activities are good for the kids but quiet for mom is good too. you are doing a great job, and like Jessica says, one day you will look back and wonder where the time and Noise went!